Thursday, October 13, 2005

 

Smurf this

There is a new cartoon out featuring the Smurfs, those cute little blue annoyances. In it the smurfs are out smurfing and dancing when suddenly there are bombers over head. The bombers begin to drop ordinance on Smurftown. There are pictures of Smurfs running for cover, getting blown up, walking around missing Smurf parts and ends with a picture of a baby Smurf crying amidst the severed bodies of other Smurfs. The tag line, from UNICEF, is not to let war touch the children.

One the one hand the idea of dropping massive amounts of bombs on a village of innocent Smurfs is disturbing. The picture isn't a pretty one.

On the other hand, I find the Smurfs to be excessively annoying. I also have concerns that there seem to be so many of them but only one is female. I mean these fellows have to be doing something to be making baby Smurfs and if it is by the usual means, the Smurfette is a slut who spends most of her time pregnant. Watching the commercial I thought to myself that destroying these blue-skinned, too happy, smurfing annoyances wouldn't be a bad idea.

I haven't decided if I like this commercial or not.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?