Saturday, October 01, 2005

 

Em-BARR-assing

Last night, I went down to the local watering hole to watch what I thought would be a good football game on TV. Pitt was playing Rutgers. The Big East opener for both teams. Two teams that should have matched up pretty well.

Boy was I wrong.

Pitt played perhaps the worst football game in the history of mankind last night. They couldn't block. They couldn't tackle. They couldn't run (Negative rushing yards for the game I think). They couldn't pass. They couldn't catch.

They sucked. (I kept waiting for Jim Mora to come on the screen going into that famous rant of his. (What can I say, we sucked. Five more minutes of stating which part of the team sucked including the cheerleaders.))

Even when Rutgers did their damnedest to help Pitt get back in the game, the panthers wouldn't let them. Pitt scores! Rutgers runs the return thirty yards back, then scores the next play.

If this keeps up I'm going to have to stop wearing my Pitt hat because it's embarrassing. In fact, I'm not wearing it today. I'm wearing my Pirates hat. At least they show up for the games.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?