Sunday, September 25, 2005

 

Horoscopes

One of the guilty pleasures in the daily paper is getting the opportunity to read the horoscopes. I consider myself too scientifically grounded to put more than just a minimal faith in them, and that because I know how they are written so vaguely that anything may be able to be pounded into the phrasing of the prediction. But I wish that they were more reliable.

Each day for the past week at least one or more of the horoscopes that I've read have told me that today was my lucky day in love and fun. And each day, they've been wrong. IF I was getting half as much action as these forecasts were promising this week, I wouldn't be able to walk, much less do all the other things that the horoscope was promising. Now today, I look at the prediction and see it says that love is in the air and should get ready for the full bodied embrace of being in love with the world. I'll be happy if I get the embrace of a decent looking woman. And it wouldn't have to be a full bodied embrace.

But just in case the horoscope is right today, I did laundry and put on clean underwear.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?