Tuesday, September 27, 2005

 

Don Adams

Don Adams, actor, performer and former Marine passed away recently.

Don Adams was known to most people as Maxwell Smart, agent for CONTROL, the agency keeping us all safe from the machinations of Bernie Koppell and KAOS. I remember watching the show as a youngster and laughing at how Max would mess up the situation and still be able foil the bad guys. It wasn't until I was older that I was able to appreciate just how funny the show was taking on all the Bond-esque aspects of the super spy trade. It became even more funny years later as I watched it late at night and was more aware of the political and cultural stuff that was also going on at the time.

Adams was also the voice of Tennessee Tuxedo as I recall. He and Chumly, the walrus, would get into some type of situation and need help. They would go to see Professor Whoopee and get the education on the situation that they needed so that they could save the day.

Adams hadn't done anything that I'm aware of in recent years. That's too bad. The world is a little less funny than it was a few days ago.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?