Sunday, August 28, 2005

 

Water has weight

It's pretty nice outside right now. The sun is shining and the temperature is in the nice range. Last night that wasn't the case. Last night was wet and chilly. And I had a tour.

Wearing wool on a chilly night is not a bad thing to do. It keeps you warm and blocks out most of the weather. However, it is not waterproof. The wool will bounce off some of the water for a while. But soon it becomes wet. And the water then begins to soak into the clothes. I stood for the better part of three hours outside last night between selling tickets and doing the walk. It drizzled the entire time. Some light, some heavy, but all drizzle. By the end of the tour I think that I had gained about ten to fifteen pounds. All of it water weight. When I stopped by for my post walk libation, I took my frock coat off and was suddenly light again. I threw the coat over the back of the stool to wait for me. When I got up later, there was a puddle of water beneath my stool about two-and-a-half feet around. The coat was still soaked and it had dropped all that water.

The tour itself seemed to go okay, two families with lots of kids, so I got to keep the stories light. Seeing as the weather was depressing, it was probably a good idea as well. The group seemed to like the stories which is always a good deal. Now today I have off and will get to enjoy an evening of rest. Which I deserve. I don't care what anyone else says.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?