Sunday, August 07, 2005

 

Another trip around the sun

Happy birthday to me.

I finished my tour last night and headed out for a drink. After I had my fill, I headed back home. When I got settled in on the chair, I noticed that it had turned after midnight. August 6 became August 7, and I had turned another year older. Listening to Jimmy Buffett, reading John D MacDonald, having a beer. Not a bad way to turn older.

Today, I celebrate (or mope, I haven't decided) the anniversary of my arrival. It will be interesting to see how it goes. Most of my birthdays have been either reason for celebration or for indifference. I haven't really had too many bad ones. Hitting 30 and 40 was no big deal for me, I just looked at it as another round number. Hitting 31 took me kind of hard as I was now over 30 and that seemed old at the time. 41 didn't hurt nearly as bad as 31 did, possibly because I didn't feel being over 40 was as bad as being over 30.

As I finish another trip around the sun and get ready to start a new lap, I sit here at my desk and wonder what happens next. I hope the next trip will be better than this last one. It has the makings to be both better and worse in some ways. I guess that time will tell. We'll see in about 300,000,000 miles or so (I think that's around how far the earth travels in a year).



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?