Monday, July 04, 2005

 

They didn't make them like that when I was that age...

One interesting thing about getting older is that old becomes less clear but young gets more clear. Generally old is someone about ten to fifteen years your elder. When I was a kid, that meant someone who's the age I am now. Now I don't see old getting there until about 55, and even then it's questionable. But young stays that age forever. Even when I was in my twenties, a teen seemed so young. As I've moved through the years since then, a teen is still way too young. This wasn't a problem until even young started getting older. A young woman in her twenties now seems to be young to me. A few years ago that would be prime territory.

It's even getting to this point at work. In this business you get to see the fresh out of college kids coming into the job and chuckle about how fresh and young they are. Sometimes though it seems that even after they have been here for a while that they still seem young.

But alluding to the title of the post....
I was out this afternoon and ran into a young woman who appeared very attractive. She was built like a full figured model (not one the anorexic looking ones) and was reasonably attractive. I watched her walk down the street only to see her walk over to her father. I could tell because he said "Hey kid" and she said "Hey dad." The dad couldn't have been much older than me. That's annoying.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?