Wednesday, July 13, 2005

 

Comic Books

I first started collecting comics back when I went to Boy Scout summer camp almost thirty years ago. I picked up a couple to take along to pass time when I wouldn't be doing anything else. Years before my mom would be able to bring home the unsold issues from the 5&10 with the covers removed as unsold issues. But after the trip to camp I was hooked. I collected for the next many years, through college and didn't really stop collecting until I moved out here to Central PA. I didn't pick up the habit again until a comics shop moved into the building where I was living at the time. I went down on Free comic book day and like a junkie falling off the wagon, I was hooked again. When the shop closed down a few months later (I guess my comic buying wasn't enough to keep them afloat) I tried to get to the shop in Hanover, but other issues arose and it made it difficult. I drifted away once again.

I was going by the comic shop the other day and had some time to spare so I stopped in. I think I'm hooked again. I'm slipping in, only picked up a few Bat-titles. But I found myself checking out some others. I almost picked up a Star Wars and a Conan, but was able to stop myself. I'm just not sure if I'll be able to resist much longer. And I'm not sure I want to.

Hmm-haa. Comics.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?