Thursday, July 14, 2005

 

Beyond the Sea

Last night I watched Kevin Spacey transform himself into Bobby Darin in Beyond the Sea. The movie was a look at Bobby's life and career. I found the acting in it wonderful, the plotting and story grand and the music great. I've long been a fan of Bobby Darin, more for his big band sounding stuff than for Splish Splash, and Kevin Spacey did a good job of matching the style and intensity of Darin. I knew that Darin was married to Sandra Dee, but didn't realize what that relationship was like. The movie did a good job of depicting the relationship and the highs and lows that it entailed. I had never really known the back story of Bobby Darin and this gave me some insight into the character.

I recommend the film.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?