Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

Things Happen

As a Worker where I'm at, I notice that sometimes things don't go as I plan. The perfect safety plan for a child, that assures safety and continuity, suddenly becomes a cluster fart because somebody who wasn't even a part of it decides thatthey want to change it. It's even more annoying when the person wanting to change it isn't a part of the case at the open, they just show up.
When working a case, the primary goal is to assure that no further harm comes to the child. In many cases that is simple- don't let the person who may have done the harm near the kid. When there are cases where it is not clear whom the person that may have caused harm is, it gets more difficult. Then you can only plan to minimize the probability that it will happen again.
That's where the fun starts. You talk to the parties involved, talk to others, and begin to form a safety plan. Then other people come in and screw it up. A family member that hasn't had squat to do with the child in question suddenly becomes a highly concerned family member. The Problems then begin.
As a caseworker, and an agent of the government, I have to not only protect the child, I have to be aware of the rights of the family members I'm deaaling with. ANd therfore, even tough this new entity is a total jack-off, I can't say that they are a total jack-off an prevent them from being involved in the family situation. I can see why some people would rather just let the government take charge and damn the rights of everybody.
Additionally, I have to deal with people who, for whatever reason, just can't tell people to go the hell away, you're not having anything to do with my child. Granted, it's usually the parent who isn't realted to the jack-off, but I can't believe that I would let my kid be around somebody that I wanted nothing to do with.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?