Sunday, June 05, 2005

 

Starting anew

It's interesting when you begin a new version of something that you've been doing for years and you feel like a rookie all over again. I did my first version of a new ghost tour this weekend. Even though I've been doing tours for years, I was more nervous than I had been in a long time. Even though I knew the stories, I knew the ground, and I knew how to handle the weather...I was nervous. I did mostly okay. I forgot the name of widow at the one house, I stopped at a place other than I wanted to at one point, and I forgot part of a story, I don't think that the customers noticed most of the mistakes. They seemed to enjoy the tour and complimented me at the end. It may have helped that I warned them that this was my first tour on the new route and was still getting used to it.

It's been similar at the day job as well. As I continue to get reacquainted with the ins and outs of the work, it is beginning to all come back to me. Which is good.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?