Saturday, June 04, 2005

 

RandomShots

It's been a bit since the last post so it's time to catch up.

Babies are so cool
This afternoon, I got to see the grandkid of some people I know. The child is about eight months old. It amazing how much bigger the child has gotten in that time. When first seen the child was smaller than a football. Not so anymore.
The funny part is as I was thyinking about this before I came to make this entry, I was sitting on the balcony watching out over the parking lot. A young mom that I had seen earlier (somewhat attractive from what I could see either time) came into the parking lot behind the building. SHe put the babe on the trunk and proceded to change the diaper on the back of the car. After that she put the kid back in the stroller and continued on her way. I thought changing stations in public restrooms were strange (especially in men's rooms) but now I guess that at that age it's even more true that when you gotta go you gotta go.

Technology advances
I was informed yesterday as they installed my new computer at work that the 3 1/2 inch discs are becoming obselete. I had just begun to figure out how to effectively use them to travel data from place to place and then it doesn't matter. That's not a bad thing; advances that improve effectiveness are always good. I just wish that I had time to catch up before I got behind.
Of course I feel that way about things other than technology.

Deep Throat
The mysterious source of the information leading to the downfall of Richard Nixon wasn't the saint that many thought but rather a pissed off civil servant who didn't get the job he wanted. As an occasionally pissed off civil servant I'm not sure if I like that idea or not. I know that several years ago, in the private sector, I suggested to a newspaperman I knew that he might want to look at happenings at the place I was working. I had no reason not to as I wasn't bound by any limitations about talking about my job other than the laws of case confidentialy.
I think the best analysis of the events of Watergate have been phrased up by others. It was a corrupt and out of control FBI against a corrupt and out of control president. The Corrupt FBI won.

Baseball
The Pirates are playing good baseball having won 4 of five against the Marlins and Braves. I'm looking forward to be able to watch the Bucs play the Braves tonight on TBS...what...it's not on? The team that broadcasts 99% of the games, home and away, won't be on TV tonight???
Just one more reason that Ted Turner is a major jackoff. Whether he has any to do with it or not. May he burn in the appropriate level of hell when his time comes. (Not that I'm upset or anything.)

Comic Books
I'm still trying to figure out how to get organized all the comics that I've brought home from Mom's over the past month. It is neat to be able to go through the books and pull out some of the issues to read. I look at some of the ones that I bagged almost twenty years ago and wonder why. I look at some that I didn't and wonder why not. HIndsight is always 20/20, unless it's 20/15.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?