Tuesday, June 14, 2005

 

I guess it's summer

The weather has been rather warm as of late, hitting into the high 80s and even supposed to hit 90 today. The nights aren't much better, it only got down to the mid 70s last night. As I am not a svelte as I once was, the heat has a bit more effect on me than it used to. I don't really mind the heat so much but it does make me sweat. I have had to use more powder than usual just to avoid stinking.

The worst part of the heat is when I have to do a walk. I put on a thick shirt, wool pants, wool vest and get to stand in the heat. That's when the powder really comes in handy. There's not much worse than hot wool on sticky skin to drive you nuts. A lot of people wonder how I can stand it but I've found that after about 20 minutes, I don't really notice anymore than I would if I had been standing there in shorts and a t-shirt. One thing that is different though is the need for water. I found that on some of these hot days that I have walks, I can drink about a gallon of water and not have to use the bathroom since I've sweat all the water out.

I've always thought that about 90% of a person's reaction to the weather is half mental (apologies to Yogi). The weather lately makes me believe that even more.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?