Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

Batman Begins

Went to see Batman Begins this weekend. I'm favorably disposed to almost anything Batman since I've been a Batfan since I was a kid, (Although I admit that even I had a hard time with the 4th Batman movie with Clooney et al.) but I thought the movie was great. It did bog down on occasion, but over all I thought that it captured the spirit of the character. I liked some of the cute lines (Gordon on the Batmobile for example, " I gotta get me one of those") and the romantic plot with Katie Holmes was little enough that I didn't mind it. I liked the touch of Liam Neesam being Ra's al Ghul who comes back to haunt Batman. Michael Caine as Alfred was a good pick. And Christian Bales as Bruce and Batman was fine. The ending of the movie where Gordon talks about how the bad guys keep ratcheting it up against the good guys was a great scene, especially the end. I liked the catch lines of why we fall and especially the one about what you do being what really matters.

A good message for the youngsters that were watching. Which weren't many at the showing that I went to, surprisingly. I went to the matinee showing on Sunday (Yes, I'm cheap) and it was 90% adults in the theatre.

Anyway on the Ed rating scale, I give the flick at least three-and-a-half of four, and part of that is just because I don't like to give out fours.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?