Monday, May 02, 2005

 

Another day older...

With all the talk about Social Security over the last couple day, I started to look at what I'm supposed to be getting when I retire. It was only then that I realized that retirement isn't as far away as it used to be. I'm closer to retirement than I am to being in high school. I am mid way between starting my career and retiring from it. What once seemed to be eons away is now merely a little over two decades away. The kids being born this week will have to cover my Social Security bills. I will be able to share an adult beverage with someone born today on the day I retire.

I don't have any specific plans for retirement ( I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up), but I might have to start thinking about it soon.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?