Thursday, April 21, 2005

 

assignments & feelings

One of the parts of being back in school after being out for so many years that I still have trouble with is ggetting into the proper frame of mind for some of the assignments. I am generally a reserved person, I don't go around sharing emotional stuff with a lot of folks. A few of the assignments this term have been asking for a lot of emotional reactions.

Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong abaout emotions. They're great (except for the bad ones). But when I get into my academic mind set, I find it difficult to get out it for an assignment that askss for it amidst several others that don't. It's almost like walking up the stairs and thinking you have one more step up when you really don't. The jarring impact just takes you by surprise.

I prefer my academics to be academic, not feeling.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?